Re: kdepim?

On February 22, 2003 12:39, Tom Panning wrote:
> How often are these updated? I'd actually like to run on the bleeding
> edge. For future reference, is there any way to un-upgrade if a package
> turns out to be broken?

Hi Tom,

I update these very frequently.  At the minimum 4 times a month.  But
sometimes even more if I catch a few bugs that are really troublesome.

Full instructions and information about the debs can be found up one
directory: http://oberlin.cems.umn.edu/kdecvs/  I include a meta package that
all my debs depend on.  This makes removing my whole setup easy (apt-get
remove kde-cvs-snapshot)...then you can just comment out my sources again,
and apt-get install the debs from sid instead, if you find it turns out to be
too broken for your tastes.  I also spend  alot of time on irc.freenode.net
#debian-kde working out the bugs and discussing new features etc.  If you're
having trouble you may want to ask around there.  Many of the inhabitants
there run my debs as well.

Cheers,
James

--