kde 3.1 menu with 'no text available', gimp very slow

Hi,
I updated woody stable with kde 3.1 from the 'kde.org mirror'. Before doing so
I removed the old packages, as described at:
http://devel-home.kde.org/~nolden/kde/README

In two aplications (kmail, korganizer) I find in the main-menu several entries
with 'no text available' or 'kein text vorhanden' as I use the german
location package. Furthermore some entries in the sub-menu are doubled or
missing!

Additionaly 'the gimp' starts very slow, takes up to 60 seconds to launch.
Before the update it didn't take more than 5 seconds.

So far, everything else works fine for me.

Any suggestions and hints are welcome,
hb-?