Re: libqt3 from Ralf

A Dijous 20 Febrer 2003 00:40, Ralf Nolden va escriure:
Hi Ralf,

thank's for the answer. I'm a bit worried about that, because my application
need OpenGl suport, and althought it's a pure qt application, I'm trying to
follow the same rules as kde amd debian.

> > But this change it's only in qt3.1?, because qt3.0.x you only have to
> > compile with qt.
> >
> > For example, SoQt, makes a check, and do it with qt to find if it can
> > compile qglwidget. What are doing the others distros?
>
> qglwidget.a was a static library that the GL classes were collected in for
> Qt2.x, but this is now a standard part of libqt-mt (as said, libqt can't be
> linked against xlibmesa, only libqt-mt can be).

Ok, I hope that that change were a good change.

> I'm sorry, but this is a requirement. There is no other technical way in Qt
> 3.1 to deal with this. It also helps to simplify the use of Qt. By the way,
> you should *always* use libqt-mt wherever possible with Qt 3 so that your
> application integrates seamlessly into KDE and picks up the KDE style to
> run with.

Ok, so this is question is about the xlib, and how is linked qt. Ok.

> > I remember that qt2 had a qt-gl package (in debian). When I compiled my
> > program at work (with debian), I had to put -lqt-gl. At home with
> > Mandrake I had to erase that line because qt was with gl suport.
>
> Yes, Qt was quite misconfigured for a while :-((  We tried to correct all
> issues with the current build and I'm quite content with it now. The
> current (means: the 3.1.1-4 build going into sid tomorrow; I'll update my
> builds as well) build are the most that you can make out of Qt and
> configure it in a way that will allow better coexistance with Qt 2 as well
> as Qt-embedded 2.x and 3.x

When it will be avalaibe for woody 3.0?

> > Now I will have to do something similar?
>

> Please use -lqt-mt if you're unsure. Make your packages depend on having
> libqt3-mt-dev installed as a build dependency so that you actually link
> against libqt-mt.so.

Ok, I have done it and it works.

Thank's for all.

Leo