Re: libqt3 from Ralf

On Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2003 00:21, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> A Dimecres 19 Febrer 2003 23:43, Ralf Nolden va escriure:
> >
> > On Mittwoch, 19. Februar 2003 20:32, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> > > Dear Ralf,
> > >
> > > I have updated at work from 3.0.3 to 3.1. More or less the same
> > > problems as everybody but now all is Ok. ... less one big important
> > > thing to me.
> > >
> > > I'm using OpenGL aplications I have realise that qt is not compiled (I
> > > think) with OpenGL option.
> > >
> > > I have tried to recompile myself, but I have found unmet dependencies
> > > (devhelper).
> > >
> > > Please could you try to resolve this? or there's some way to recompile
> > > the libqt package with opengl support?
> >
> > Only libqt3-mt is compiled with opengl support as xlibmesa has been build
> > with threaded support. That means that libqt (the non-threaded version)
> > can't be build with opengl support. If your application needs opengl
> > support, compile it with libqt-mt.
>
> But this change it's only in qt3.1?, because qt3.0.x you only have to
> compile with qt.
>
> For example, SoQt, makes a check, and do it with qt to find if it can
> compile qglwidget. What are doing the others distros?

qglwidget.a was a static library that the GL classes were collected in for
Qt2.x, but this is now a standard part of libqt-mt (as said, libqt can't be
linked against xlibmesa, only libqt-mt can be).

> I don't have any problem to change my application, but there others?
I'm sorry, but this is a requirement. There is no other technical way in Qt
3.1 to deal with this. It also helps to simplify the use of Qt. By the way,
you should *always* use libqt-mt wherever possible with Qt 3 so that your
application integrates seamlessly into KDE and picks up the KDE style to run
with.

> I remember that qt2 had a qt-gl package (in debian). When I compiled my
> program at work (with debian), I had to put -lqt-gl. At home with Mandrake
> I had to erase that line because qt was with gl suport.
Yes, Qt was quite misconfigured for a while :-((  We tried to correct all
issues with the current build and I'm quite content with it now. The current
(means: the 3.1.1-4 build going into sid tomorrow; I'll update my builds as
well) build are the most that you can make out of Qt and configure it in a
way that will allow better coexistance with Qt 2 as well as Qt-embedded 2.x
and 3.x

> Now I will have to do something similar?
Just use -lqt-mt. If you use KDE's admin directory you can use $(LIB_QT) which
will pick up the appropriate version automatically for you.

> I'm only asking. I will do that the packagers of debian said. If you think
> that this is the best approach, ok. I'm just a newbie.
Please use -lqt-mt if you're unsure. Make your packages depend on having
libqt3-mt-dev installed as a build dependency so that you actually link
against libqt-mt.so.

Ralf

> Best regards,
>
> Leo
>
> > Ralf
> >
> > > Thank's in advance.
> > >
> > > Leo
> >
> > - --
> > We're not a company, we just produce better code at less costs.
> > Ralf Nolden
> > nolden@kde.org
> >
> > The K Desktop Environment       The KDevelop Project
> > http://www.kde.org              http://www.kdevelop.org

- --
Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org