gcc in sid

I couldn't understand what's the gcc version in sid? I dist-upgraded my woody
and seeing gcc3.2 in the package list I said "woo they did it at last,
upgraded to 3.2" Then I apt-got X and checked out the source of KDE to
compile. But it is compiling with gcc2.95?! Then I confsed what sid is
compiled with? I don't think it is possible to have a system partly compiled
by a version of cc and partialy with another version? What can I do to check
get my system integrity