Re: kdm problem in Karolina's 3.1.0+rel debs

James,

The kdm hang is due (as earlier posts indicated) to an incompatibly
with newer versions of QT in Sid and possibly GCC 32 libs and has been
around for about a week.  On my system  SID KDM startup is 35 seconds.
(KDM startup on my woody system is 9 seconds).  Be patient!  I did see
that kdm_greet and krootimage were the KDM processes that were
stalling. However I don't see a memory leak or size excess of the KDM
process after KDE starts.

Michael

Michael Hoodes         http://www.hoodes.com            Seattle, WA