Re: KDE 3.1 upgrade & fonts?

> I had the same problem. It was because of wrong permissions from several
> font files in /usr/X11/lib/X11/font. They weren't accesible for ordinary
> users. Only for root.
Hi!

	I solved the font problem by removing them all from the "font installer" in
kcontrol, then installing "fontconfig" package, wich updates its cache when
installing, so if you have your fonts in the right place
(/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/ i think) and the correct FontPath's in XF86Config
they will appear in kde.
	I got to this conclusion by calling kde from a xshell, it conplained about
fontconfig not existing so i gave it a try ;-)

Good luck,
LL