Re: KDE 3.1: relocation problem - solved.

Am Dienstag, 28. Januar 2003 23:35 schrieb Andre Schaefer:
> Hello,
>
> I've tried to upgrade from a stable KDE 3.0.5a an debian sarge to KDE
> 3.1 today.
>
> Getting the packages installed was not hard, however, when I run KDE, I
> see a message, that kdeinit fails to start and likewise all other kde
> apps fail:
>
> <appname>: relocation error: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined symbol:
> defaultStyle__6KStyle
> DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-###' to '<appname>'
> ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!
>
> Can someone decode this ;-)
>
> Have I missed to purge some package?

Hello,

the kick-it - try-again approach solved the problem.

This time I have used Ralf Noldens repository on ktown and have followed his
README about purging packages from 3.0.x very carefully.

This worked nicely this time, and 3.1 is up and running.

CUTE!

Thanks,

* André