Re: Woody/KDE3.1RC7 debs : Screensavers Report

and Michael Hoodes wrote :

> What I have done was apt-gotten xscreensaver-nognome
> and xscreensaver which set the scene for kde for both
> Woody (xscreensaver 3.09) and Sid (xscreensaver 3.10)

Um, sorry but I'm confused - are you guys saying we *must* have one of
the xscreensaver-blah packages installed in order to get proper *KDE*
screensaver behaviour ?

Or is that just for getting the xscreensaver random option working ?

I just assumed KDE's own screensavers are independent of xscreensaver.
Certainly nothing I've installed from Ralf's Woody KDE3.1 site
required me to install an xscreensaver package of any kind ..

Cheers
Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather
 straps."             -- Emo Phillips