Re: Woody/KDE3.1RC7 debs : Screensavers Report

What I have done was apt-gotten xscreensaver-nognome
and xscreensaver which set the scene for kde for both
Woody (xscreensaver 3.09) and Sid (xscreensaver 3.10)

Other comments have been made about doubles in the list
and that XScreensaver does not seem to work.

I have looked at the doubles and it appears that there are different
screensavers for each of the doubles i.e. Gravity, Gravity (GL), or
Bouble, Bouble.

xscreensaver program works well (on kde 3.1 RC6 and RC7) when  a
specific screensaver is chosen.  However the option XScreensaver does
not work which is a random display of screensavers. The random option
is what I would like.

I believe the problem with XScreensave  is the improper operation of
/usr/bin/xscreensaver.kss. Has anyone got the xscreensaver option
working?  And do you have a "good" xscreensaver.kss?

The way kde executes the xscreensaver modules is by executing
either the xscreensaver program or the module each time - i.e.
xscreensaver is not run as a daemon.

If kde provides the randomization then the current way of executing
xscreensaver program (on demand) would work.

jwz the author of xscreensaver in the past has not been exactly happy
with the  way kde has handled xscreensaver and I am glad that it
appears  kde is treating it correctly!

Michael