Re: kde hangs at startup (apparently due to dotNet style) !

Hi Ralf,

Ralf Nolden wrote:
BUT I can't choose this Style for the moment. When I try to select it in
kcontrol, it freezes...

And I kdm is now _very_ slow... [...]

Yes, you're using unstable. X has been rebuild, Qt didn't yet and if it does things get even more complicated. It's surely due to the gcc-3.2 transition.

Ralf

Do you mean that it's not a bug and it should be "self-repared" when everything will be rebuild with gcc-3.2 ?

In fact, I wasn't complaining or so... I just wanted to have some help in order to find wether it's a bug or not, and to send a bug report if it is :)

Is there any workaround for the moment, if I want to use the dotNET style ? I saw the same probleme for two other styles. What's the difference between them and those who works ? Are they using a different version of Qt ?

Same question about licq. There is only one qt plugin for licq (licq-plugin-qt) which is unable to start since my last upgrade of X packages. If there is a solution to use a gui of licq under kde, I'd be happy to try it !

Must I downgrade X packages for the moment ? Any other solutions ?

Thank you for your help,
Patrice.