Re: Help : Kde 3.05A on Woody fail on start

On Thursday 16 January 2003 04:12 pm, phil-kde.merlin@laposte.net wrote:
>  Somebody can Help Me ? I don't Know what I can do and what
> really Happens.
> Kdm manager is open, I start an Kde Session , The X server
> crash very quickly at the beginning of the session  just after
> the view where the mouse  appears and the logo of kde3 is on

See if you have a line in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file that looks like
this:
Option          "DPMS"
If so, comment it out, restart KDM, and try logging in again.

This happened to me a while back, when XFree86 4.1 was in unstable; I think it
is a bug affecting certain video drivers that was fixed in XFree86 4.2.

Your problem might be caused by something totally different, but this is
probably worth a try, as the symptoms are the same.

--
Nathaniel W. Turner
http://www.houseofnate.net/