Re: Constant disk access in 3.1?

I recall something similar. I believe the culprit was an applet that was being loaded. Can you compare the output of pstree with and without the problem. I think I just zero'd in by killing off minor processes one by one until it stopped.

Ray

Bruce wrote:

I was fiddling around a bit more with this, and have found a solution of
sorts. I created a new user, and when I logged in, the disk access problem
did not occur. So, I removed the ~/.kde folder for existing users, and this
too solved the problem. This means I lost most of my settings, but the disk
access problem is gone.

There must be some setting in 3.0 that causes the disk access problem with
3.1. I am not sure how to figure out what setting that might be, though...

Bruce

Bruce, I asked the same question a couple of months ago and someone
responded  to me (I am using XFS) saying that with reiser it was
happening to people who  had noatime set on the partition. It's not an
"ICE" problem as far as I can  tell, but it sure is annoying. It
happened to me when I upgraded to 3.1 from  3.0. It's been doing it ever
since and I've given up trying to figure out  why. Maybe someone out
there has a fix? I'll sure be glad to help get rid of  the problem
again...

Now that I've said all that. lemme go check on the ICE thing.....

Corey