Packaging questions (kde_moduledir, overrides, watch)

I'm currently trying to build a package for kickpim and I'm running into
some problems.

- The shared lib for kickpim ought to go into $kde_moduledir,
/usr/lib/kde3, but instead it ends up in /usr/lib. debian/debiandirs
are included in debian/rules. I had a closer look at the various
Makefiles involved and I figure, I can't do much about this without the
help of the original author.

- lintian gives me the following warnings. Can I just put them into
debian/kickpim.overrides? The first one is obvious, but I'm wondering
if the second one violates any policy.

W: kickpim: link-to-undocumented-manpage usr/share/man/man1/kickpim.1.gz
W: kickpim: non-dev-pkg-with-shlib-symlink usr/lib/libkickpim.so.1.0.0
usr/lib/libkickpim.so

- I'd like to use the debian/watch and uscan to watch for upstream
updates, but I don't see how I can make this work with the way links
are handled on apps.kde.com and sourceforge. Any hints?

- Finally, I don't want to keep this package to myself, but would like
to make it available to others. Say, at
http://www.schuerig.de/michael/debian. For my local packages
(/pub/packages) I use the following commands (and get warnings about
the empty overrides file...)

cd /pub
dpkg-scanpackages.dpkg packages packages/overrides | gzip \
  > packages/Packages.gz
dpkg-scansources packages | gzip > packages/Sources.gz

Now, I can't run these commands at my webspace provider.

Thanks!

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  If at first you don't succeed...
mailto:schuerig@acm.org           try, try again.