Re: Possible bug?

I've experienced a similar problem. I've got the debs from karolina on a 733MHz
machine with 512 MB
of ram. When I log in to under KDE from KDM, I get a very regular, hard drive
hit. About once every
second I get a hit as if it's getting something from cache or something. I've got
plenty of free RAM
available so I shouldn't be swapping, and I am running kernel 2.4.19 with XFS
added. This has never been
a problem before and until now I've chalked it up to "It's a beta". Top reveals
nothing out of the ordinary either.

any ideas?

Also, previously I asked about AA fonts in karolinas 3.1 builds, anyone get them
to work?
So far I've
    Turned on AA in kcontrol
    Installed the fonts (which work)
    Set up XftConfig to find them etc.

Still don't work, open a shell, export QT_XFT=1 then fire off krite (or any other
Kapp) nothing....

Corey