Re: Problems with upgrading a fresh woody installtion to kde3

Before you do anything drastic, I just ran into something very
similar.  However, I found that the middle mouse button still brought
up a menu.  I went from their to the control center (or maybe to
configure desktop) and I fiddled around until I found the place that
controlled the bar at the bottom (I think that's the kicker).

Eventually, the bar appeared on my desktop.

I built KDE3 from sources, installed it in a non-standard location,
and generally could have made lots of mistakes.  But since we both saw
this, maybe there's something wrong with the initial setup logic.  I
did get a nice little wizard when I first logged in asking me to set
some options....