kpilot and kalendar/kab conduits

I'm just curious, is anyone using kpilot and its conduits for
kalendar/kab with recent builds of kde?  I stopped looking at using this
as an option a LONG time ago, as it was always marked as alpha-quality,
and seems to still be so, and never actually worked for me.

What I'm looking for is the same type of functionality that evolution
offers, in that I need some piece of software that will sync with my
palm pilot (IIIc), and sync in both directions with an address book and
a calendar manager.  I know that when last I looked at kpilot and its
conduits, there were some HUGE problems with syncing things both ways,
from what I read.  Granted, as I said, it never would sync in even one
direction for me, as the conduits crashed every time I tried to use
them.  But from what I remember, there was no back-end design to
kalendar/kab such that making changes/deletes in kalendar/kab were ever
successfully carried over to the palm pilot.

Is anyone using this combination successfully now?  Is there hope for
the near future that this will work as well as evolution does now?

Beuller?  Beuller?  =:)

--

 `
 ,