Re: Issues with Debian packages of KDE3 and locally installed software

On Monday 11 November 2002 02:03, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   This appears to be some sort of problem with the KDE settings: the
> search is performed from what appears to be a library function,
> "locate", and this function doesn't search in /usr/local for data
> files.

It searches in KDEDIRS (plural, see below) and ~/.kde

>   Presumably there's a setting in the KDE libraries that could get it
> to behave properly.  I tried modifying /etc/kderc, but it seems to be
> ignored, or maybe my guess at what should be in this (entirely
> undocumented) file was wrong.  After poking around a bit more, I
> tried setting KDEDIRS to /usr/local, and the program ran.
>
>   This probably should be fixed in the packages (preferably before
> you release them to unstable, or at least a bit afterwards)

No, the packages are fine, as far as I can tell. Just set KDEDIRS
appropriately. I have the following line in /etc/environment

KDEDIRS=/usr:/usr/local/kde:/usr/local

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  If at first you don't succeed...
mailto:schuerig@acm.org           try, try again.