Re: configure error on debian woody kde 2.2.2

On Sat 27 Jul 2002 18:17, gerhard wrote:
> Am Samstag, 27. Juli 2002 18:01 schrieb gerhard:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm a debian 3.0 woody user and cannot install kpovmodeler.
> > I receive the following error from the configure-script:
> >
> > checking for KDE... configure: error:
> > in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This
> > will fail.
> > [...]
>
> Sorry:
> After apt-get install  kde-devel ./configure can find the
> kde-headers now, but not the OpenGL headers, although libqt2
> libqt-dev are the newest packets of my installation.
>
> error:
>
> checking for the Qt OpenGL extension... no
> configure: error: your system is not able to compile
> an application that uses the Qt OpenGL extension!
> Make sure the OpenGL headers are installed and Qt is compiled with
> OpenGL
> support to compile kpovmodeler.
> See the file REQUIREMENTS for further information.
>
> debian:/home/gerhard/download/kpovmodeler/kpovmodeler-0.1.1#
> apt-get -t unstable -u install  libqt2 libqt-dev
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Sorry, libqt2 is already the newest version.
> Sorry, libqt-dev is already the newest version.
>
> debian:/home/gerhard/download/kpovmodeler/kpovmodeler-0.1.1#
> apt-cache search OpenGL glut glu glx
> libopengl-perl - Perl module to display 3D data using OpenGL, GLU,
> GLUT, and GLX
> debian:/home/gerhard/download/kpovmodeler/kpovmodeler-0.1.1#
> apt-get install libopengl-perl
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Sorry, libopengl-perl is already the newest version.
>
> How can I resolve the requirements of kpovmodeler? What are the
> libs and dev packets of OpenGL I'll need to compile it properly?

I can't speak for KPovModeler, but OpenGL is provided by Mesa on Linux.
OpenGL is NOT free, but Mesa is supported by OpenGL and provides the same
API's and development stuff. Have a look for Mesa and install that. After
that, any other requirements for KPovModeler have to be found from the
KPovModeler sources, and I don't understand C++ enough to begin to tell you
where to look. The ./configure errors should give you clues as to what else
is missing though.