Re: KDE 3 and koffice

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 21:13, Daniel D Jones wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 14:05, Paul Cupis wrote:
> > You need to add the following line to your sources.list, apt-get update
> > and try again:
> >
> >   deb http://people.debian.org/~bab/kde3 ./
> >
> > > apt indicates it will install kde3libs, etc.  Shouldn't those be
> > > installed as part of KDE 3, which I'm already running?
> >
> > kdelibs3 is part of KDE2. KDE3 uses kdelibs4.
> >
> > The above apt source should allow you to apt-get install koffice.
>
> After adding the above, I get:

Don't want to be offending, but did you run "apt-get update" after adding the
line? Just wondering because the packages on
http://kde3.geniussystems.net/debian, which you are obviously pointing to,
are 3.0.2 packages. And your "apt-get install kword" says a 3.0.1 package is
to be installed...

Severin