Re: VMware interaction with screensaver

Hi,
  just to answer a few of the questions. I am using the XFree86 4.2
pre1v1 packages, the KDE 3.0.2 packages and debian unstable.

As far as I know there are no VMware debs, I was referring to the
KDE version. I am using VMware 3.1.1 build-1790.

I have also just found the /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock process running
and after killing this the screensaver/lock button will work
again.

I have just run VMware windowed and full screen and the button
still works... Maybe something happens after the screensaver
timeout if VMware is running at the time. I'll have to wait and see.

Regards,
Simeon

--
Simeon Walker,                      email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences,      phone: +44 (0)1248 383702