Fw:problem starting kde

Thanks to your answer, I have half resolved the problem : I
forgot to install x-window-system and its dependances. Now twm
works fine as before, but not yet kde. I hope to solve the
problem soon.

Eric
first message :

Hello,

I'm a beginner with Debian which I like already a lot. I did a
basic installation of woody with only kde and its dependances.
When the system boots, I get the message "starting K desktop
manager : done", then the login in text mode and no kde. With
a precedent installation with xfree86, xdm and twm, the
graphical environment worked fine. I feel it's perhaps a
problem of X configuration because I was not asked during this
latter intallation to tell my kind of graphics hardware
despite the fact that xfree86 has been installed.

Thanks for answer,

Eric

Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ; 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,13 ?/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34?/mn)"