Re: KPP always dies

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 02:00:19 -0500, Matt Sheffield wrote:
>On Sunday 08 December 2002 07:15 pm, Nick Boyce wrote:
>> On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:33:42 -0500, Matt Sheffield wrote:
>> >On my Libranet Woody system, KPP will faithfully connect to the Internet
>> > but proceeds to disconnect after about 2 seconds.
>> >
>> >I am able to connect with Libranet's LPPP app as well as wvdial so there
>> > isn't a hardware problem.
>> I'm interested to know why you don't just stick with (K)wvdial - I use
>> it, and it does everything I _think_ I could ever want from a dialer
>> (and it's *so* easy to use ..).
>> Is there some wonderful feature of Kppp that I'm missing out on ?
>I don't mind wvdial one bit, however, I cannot expect my users to run it. KPPP
>is much more like what they are accustomed to with Windows.

No no .... not wvdial (commandline app), but *K*wvdial - a glorious
KDE version of wvdial - see http://www.cnss.ca/~ppatters/kwvdial.html
- which is pretty much like Windoze DUN for my purposes.

I use V0.10, compiled from source for my Woody system.  The author
makes a Sid binary deb available, but if you use Woody then you need
to compile from source (problems with libpng ..).

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty."
   - Douglas Adams