howto install kde 3.0.5

Hi all,

Forgive my ignorance of what is probably a simple problem, but today
is the first time I have installed debian. I am thinking about
changing the distribution on my work station from redhat to debian but
I don't want to do that without installing it on a machine I don't
mind destroying, which is what I'm at today.

I've added the following to my /etc/apt/sources.list

deb ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.5/Debian/woody ./
deb-src ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.5/Debian/woody ./

I've rebuilt qt3 with the -no-xft removed from the build rules and
increased the version number of the packages from 4 to 5 with
information I have found in achieves of this list.

apt-cache search kdebase  lists the kde 2.2 debs on my local mirror
before those on the kde ftp site.

I'm working on the assumption that if I issue the apt-get install
kdebase command that it would install the kde 2.2 debs from the local
debian mirror and not the kde ftp site.

So how do I install the kde version from ftp.kde.org and not the
version from my local debian mirror?

Thanks,

Regards,

--