Constant trouble with swf/flash

On my system, Flash (.swf) animations are constantly hanging Konqueror.
I always have to kill nspluginviewer to at least see the non-flash
parts of some sites. A case in point is

http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/index.htm

The plugin does work in Netscape 4.77, but ironically renders Mozilla
unusable.

Any suggestions what the problem is and what to do about it?

Thanks,
Michael

ii  konqueror      3.0.4-1        KDE's advanced File Manager, Web
Browser and
ii  flashplugin    5.0r50-1       Macromedia Flash plugin installer
ii  navigator-smot 4.77-2         Netscape Navigator 4.77 (static Motif)
ii  mozilla-browse 1.2-1          Mozilla Web Browser - core and browser

--
Michael Schuerig                  If at first you don't succeed...
mailto:schuerig@acm.org           try, try again.