Re: GCC 3.2 migration

On Tuesday 03 December 2002 15:22, Chris Cheney wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 11:19:34AM +0100, Noel Koethe wrote:
> > On Son, 20 Okt 2002, Chris Cheney wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > > KDE 3.1 is expected to be released ~ Nov 4, if the transition isn't
> > > very close to happening I will upload it to unstable compiled against
> > > 2.95.
> >
> > AFAIK KDE 3.1 will be released this week.
> >
> > Is the statement still true?
> >
> > thx.
>
> The current status is this:
>
> KDE 3.1 is scheduled to be released by upstream this Thursday (Dec 5)
> afaik. GCC 3.2 still has one bug blocking transition aiui #169497, see:
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-gcc/2002/debian-gcc-200212/msg00003.html
>
> I have projects due this week and final exams until Dec 12th. I have
> talked to Martin Loschwitz and if that gcc bug still isn't fixed by Dec
> 13th we will start uploading qt 3.1/kde 3.1 to Debian with gcc 2.95.
> Also, since the packages will be marked new it may take a few weeks for
> them to actually filter into sid.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Cheney

Chris,

What about the "won't compile" bug in kdebindings.  The packages has not
existed in any previous Debian packaging for KDE, and it is getting
to be a real problem to those of us who want to use the others languages.
I get the impression that the problem is that it should really be several
packages, one for each language.  The main problems at the minute seem
to be with the new bindings, the C# one in particular.  Most of other
language bindings seem to be OK, can the debian package not simply
exclude the new bindings that are broken?

As far as I can see this "won't compile" bug is independant of gcc 3.2.

David