Re: GCC 3.2 migration

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 11:19:34AM +0100, Noel Koethe wrote:
> On Son, 20 Okt 2002, Chris Cheney wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> > KDE 3.1 is expected to be released ~ Nov 4, if the transition isn't
> > very close to happening I will upload it to unstable compiled against
> > 2.95.
>
> AFAIK KDE 3.1 will be released this week.
>
> Is the statement still true?
>
> thx.

The current status is this:

KDE 3.1 is scheduled to be released by upstream this Thursday (Dec 5)
afaik. GCC 3.2 still has one bug blocking transition aiui #169497, see:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-gcc/2002/debian-gcc-200212/msg00003.html

I have projects due this week and final exams until Dec 12th. I have
talked to Martin Loschwitz and if that gcc bug still isn't fixed by Dec
13th we will start uploading qt 3.1/kde 3.1 to Debian with gcc 2.95.
Also, since the packages will be marked new it may take a few weeks for
them to actually filter into sid.

Thanks,

Chris Cheney