Re: qt3.0.5 & kde 3.0.4 - howto recompile?

On 26.Nov 2002 - 17:04:13, Setyo Nugroho wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Andreas, yes I used finished deb packages. Meantime I have upgraded my
> kde from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5. The very similar problem with the database
> connectivity is still there. Though the database server and client are
> OK.

That is mysterious

> Another try I made are removing and reinstalling packages related
> to mysql using apt-get removel and later apt-get install: apt-get
> install libdbd-mysql-perl libmysqlclient10 libmysqlclient10-dev
> libqt3-mysql mysql-client mysql-navigator mysql-server
>
> A run with a hand-coded qt program, it works fine.
> Apparently the problem lies within Qt Designer.

I will try that in a minute...

> Thanks for this advice. I will learn how to package them well. Are
> self-compiled package definitely more stable compared to finished ones?

I think if you're using woody and kde3 it doesn't make that much
difference, as the deb's are not really in woody. They have not gone
through unstable and testing. In general the self compiled things can be
more unstable then the deb's and though I would prefer the deb's. (I use
the self compiled only because the download size of the deb's is too
large for me).

> Any help regarding QTDesigner's database connectivity problem is still highly appreciated.

You should have a look at bugs.debian.org and search through the bug
database.

Andreas

PS: Could you quote correct next time please (I mean that the Full quote
should lie above the text).

--
Was du kannst besorgen, kannst du dir morgen nicht mehr leisten.