Re: Problems compiling CVS head

On Sonntag, 17. November 2002 10:55, Magnus von Koeller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to compile CVS HEAD from scratch (I haven't done
> so in ages...). So, I checked out qt-copy, put it into
> /usr/local/qt-copy and compiled it, with the commands listed in
> README.qt-copy.

Hi. I had this problem some time ago. I guess the configure/automake stuff is
buggy for the dcop directory. There's a -L /your/qt/dir/libs missing in the call to the
linker, and you're linking against the wrong libqt.

As a quick (but not that satisfying) workaround you can put qt and kde into the
same prefix (i.e./usr/local/kde3), and everything will be covered by the -L/your/kde/dir/libs.

In order to call the mcop progs in a correct manner, you need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to you qtdir/libs and kdedir/libs, too.

Hope it helps,
-Cajus