Re: Tranparent Konsole unusable -- Gnome 2 related?

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 04:30:02AM -0500, Joseph Fannin wrote:
>     I've been having problems with my transparent Konsole which I
> think might be related to the Gnome 2 packages.  I'm running the KDE
> 3.0.4 packages off kde.org on sid.

    Forgot to add one thing -- if I set the Konsole background by
either picking a schema with a non-transparent background or starting
another session in the same window which uses such a schema,
the background color 'sticks' in all the sessions which has
transparent backgrounds and everything otherwise works fine.

    Hmmm... the deal is the same with setting a background image (from
a file) -- all the transparent sessions "inherit" the image, but
otherwise work fine.

    And more weirdness -- I can:

1. Open konsole with a (default) transparent schema -- messed up.
2. Switch to the "Marble" schema -- uses a bg image, works fine.
3. Start a "linux console" session -- white on black.
4. Switch back to the formerly transparent session -- still has image.
5. Start a new session with a transparent bg -- it gets the image, works.
5. Switch back to "linux console" session -- (still black).
6. Start a new session with a transparent bg -- black bg, works.
7. Switch back and forth at will -- the backgrounds remain as they
were in the respective sessions.

   You know, maybe I should just switch back to gnome-terminal.

--
Joseph Fannin
jhf@rivenstone.net

"I think I said something eloquent, like 'Fuck.'" -- Rusty Russell.