Re: Browser Rendering Uncovered

Nick wrote:

> > > i.e 2.1.2-8 turned off bytecode interpreter and 2.1.2-10 turned it back
> > > on so you can stop worrying now
> >
> > Can't _anybody_ read?
> >
> > I'm not running freetype from sid.  I have no intention of running it from
> > sid. When it gets to sarge, I'll give it a shot - IF I can do so without
> > stepping on anybody's patents.
> >
> > However, that's not the issue.  The simple question is DOES antialiasing
> > rely on the bytecode interpreter or not?  The article cited as the basis
> > for this thread implied it does.
> > --
>
> I think its you who is not taking the trouble to read, please read

I asked a question, based on the message that started this thread.  Nobody has
attempted to answer it, but rather have veered off on this whole issue of
whether bytecode interpretation is turned on in any particular version.

> http://freetype.sourceforge.net/patents.html
>
> but in any case as mentioned in my previous email IT DOES NOT AFFECT YOU
> because you are running 2.1.2-7 from sarge and the bytecode interpreter was

Duh!  I knew that.  So why not stop beating a dead horse and answer the
question.  DOES anti-aliasing _rely_ on bytecode interpretation.  And yes, I've
read your reference, and I still can't tell what the answer is.  From that it
looks like "yes, and no".