Re: Browser Rendering Uncovered

> > i.e 2.1.2-8 turned off bytecode interpreter and 2.1.2-10 turned it back
> > on so you can stop worrying now
>
> Can't _anybody_ read?
>
> I'm not running freetype from sid.  I have no intention of running it from
> sid. When it gets to sarge, I'll give it a shot - IF I can do so without
> stepping on anybody's patents.
>
> However, that's not the issue.  The simple question is DOES antialiasing
> rely on the bytecode interpreter or not?  The article cited as the basis
> for this thread implied it does.
> --

I think its you who is not taking the trouble to read, please read

http://freetype.sourceforge.net/patents.html

but in any case as mentioned in my previous email IT DOES NOT AFFECT YOU
because you are running 2.1.2-7 from sarge and the bytecode interpreter was
turned off in 2.1.2-8 in sid and was then turned back on in 2.1.2-10  so when
freetype drops from sid into sarge it will be 2.1.2-10 or higher and the
bytecode interpreter will still be working.