Re: Browser Rendering Uncovered

On Monday 28 October 2002 14:15, Derek Broughton wrote:
> So I ask again, "Is Debian really delivering a FreeType package
> incapable of supporting anti-aliasing?" - which is what the original
> poster seemed to believe was the situation.  I don't plan to infringe
> any patents and, if the bytecode interpreter is necessary for AA,
> I'll drop FreeType. If antialiasing works even without the
> interpreter, then the original poster can't have been right that he
> needed to compile FreeType from source.

The latest entry for "byte" in
/usr/share/doc/libfreetype6/changelog.Debian says:

freetype (2.0.2.20010514-1) unstable; urgency=low
[...]
  * [ftoption.h]: #define TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER

 -- Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org>  Tue, 15 May 2001 16:49:26 -0600

In the source it's there, too.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  If at first you don't succeed...
mailto:schuerig@acm.org           try, try again.