Re: Broken KDE3; "fcntl: bad file descriptor"

torsdagen den 24 oktober 2002 22.34 skrev Adam Kessel:

> kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Found version 49, expecting version 59 or higher.

When this comes, you might have a KDE that is either missing important parts,
or is a mixture of different versions.
	dpkg -l | grep kde
Often gives a hint if KDE with different versions are installed.
I was going through a lot of pain to try to make such things impossible with
my latest KDE3.1-beta2 version (which does not mean I was completely
successful), but with my previous versions, with other versions and with the
"official" version that is possible.

> And so forth. Can somehow suggest how I might return my KDE packages to a
> useable state, absent returning to KDE2?

Avoid mixing of KDE versions. If apt is completely stuck, remove all KDE
packages with dpkg. and install one of the versions. When I get stuck like
this, I often do a "dpkg -l" and grep on something in the version like
"3.0.8" or something,  to see if all versions are the same. (Unfortunately
dpkg truncates the names and the versions, and I don't know how to make it
show the whole name. Oh well, life is not always easy)

> My sources.list include:
Change it to include one one KDE version.
Note that applications have to be built to be compatible with that version.

-- Karolina