cpu optimisation

Hello,

Every now and then I compile kde packages which didn't make it in the kde3
distribution (yet). I usually make debian packages out of them, which
involves nothing more then configuring the thing and running dh_make and
dpkg-buildpackage in the source dir; then installing the .deb package .

But debian has a habit of compiling everything so that it still runs on a 386.
Since I am only installing those packages on my own machine, I would like to
know what to manipulate to make these packages optimised for my cpu (athlon).

Thx!

--
Frank Van Damme
homepage:       www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m9917684