Re: KDE upgrade: Missing package lm-sensors-mod

Felix Oxley wrote:

> I am running woody from a cd set.
> I attempted to upgrade to KDE 3.0.3.
>
> However I get the following dependency problem:
>    Ksysguard recommends lm-sensors
>    lm-sensors recommends lm-sensors-mod
>
> I see from the the Debian package list that lm-sensors-mod is not
> available.

Normally you would install lm-sensors-source and use make-kpkg to build an
lm-sensors-modules .deb. However if you have managed to get things going with
whats available in the kernel and are getting sensible output from sensors
you probably don't want to bother with this.

The reason you are experiencing problems installing ksysguard is probably
because you are using dselect. The version in woody insists on treating
recommends as depends. This is a long standing bug that's listed in the
manpage. Thankfully the version in sid no longer does this. In the meantime
try :

#apt-get install ksysguard

See /usr/share/doc/lm-sensors/README.debian for more info.

--
Simon Hepburn.