Building KDE and debhelper problems

HI All.
I'm make decision to build KDE debs from CVS myself and at this moment have a problems.

The first package need to be compiled/installed is arts.
I'm do next:

cd arts
make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean
make -f admin/Makefile.common cvs
cvs update
dpkg-buildpackage

And start compile/build arts package.
The compiling process seems to me ok and w/o errors.
In the end of compile/build process I got next error (here is last few lines):
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/system/kde/kde3/arts/obj-i386-linux'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/system/kde/kde3/arts/obj-i386-linux'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/system/kde/kde3/arts/obj-i386-linux'
dh_install --list-missing
Unknown option: list-missing
dh_install: unknown option; aborting
make: *** [install] Error 1
wave:/usr/local/src/system/kde/kde3/arts#
So, the problem seems to me with dh_install binary (debhelper package)
I tried to run dh_install manually and --list-missing option is really unsupported.

Can someone suggest to me what to do in this situation ?
Where is problem ? In kde build scripts ? In debhelper package (may be update this from unstable repository) ?

Please help me.

P.S. I'm almost new in Debian, I was used RedHat about 6 years and most of application compiled
via rpm --rebuild file.rpm or configure && make install .
I'm really like Debian package management system  and would like to compile/install applications only using this one.

--
With best wishes,
	Vyacheslav