Re: kde 3.* in sid will it ever happen?

On 17 Sep 2002, Matt Reynolds wrote:

> I'm willing to help with money, feed, CPU power, but I can't find a
> situation where my sharing these things will actually make a
> difference.  This seems to be communication again.  I *know* these
> resources can be applied somewhere, but finding those places are
> difficult.  If I could pay calc 20 bucks, and find 50 other people to do
> so to get this package out, I would.  I might even be able to get my
> company to cough up some money, but I don't know where to start, or if
> this is even the appropriate solution.  (I know KDE's 3.x release is a
> GCC issue, just illustrating the point).

It'd be nice if there'd be some "street performer", collabnet,
sourceXchange or similar effort to advance, sponsor Debian's progress.

> All of this is alot to ask of volunteers, and I understand that.  If I
> need to build tools to help them provide this information, I'll work on
> that.

IMHO it'd be nice to have a link to the a) upstream homepage and b) to the
package maintainer's homepage straight from :

	http://packages.debian.org/put_here_the_name_of_some_package

*t

         Tomas Pospisek
         http://sourcepole.ch