Re: kdebase deb questions

måndagen den 16 september 2002 22.42 skrev David Pashley:

> iirc they are actually installed, but --list-missing is not the best in the
> world. it doesn't seem to take into account files that have been moved. try
> the following script. Be wanted. it is "The Worst Bash Script In The World"
> TM

It looks like line noise, so it must be perl....

I use a different method. I started packing when dh_movefiles was used and
used the following binary target in the rules file:

binary: binary-indep binary-arch
	find $(tmp) -type f -o -type l | sed -e "s_^$(tmp)/__" | tee doit

It always lists missing files, and also puts them in the file "doit", from
where in a format that can be easily pasted into ".files" files.
To categorise a couple of new files, after a new cvs update and rebuild is
quite easy.

Another problem is disappearing files. That has bitten me one or two times
now. dh_install and dh_movefiles just don't do what I want them to do.
And then we have at least one empty directory in KDE, that need to be copied.
At least dh_movefiles just omits empty directories.

-- Karolina