kdm (3.0.3) not starting

Hi all,

I've just upgraded to the new 3.0.3 debs and cannot get kdm to start. It seems
to start X (which flashes for half a second or so), then dies, with an exit
code of 0.

I've verified that X runs by itself and via gdm, but for some reason kdm is
having trouble starting up. An strace doesn't show much except that it loads
a bunch of modules around 100 times, reads some configuration, then
infinitely loops around:

select(256, [1 3 6 7], NULL, NULL, {116, 311000}) = ? ERESTARTNOHAND (To be
restarted)
--- SIGIO (I/O possible) ---

select(256, [1 3 6 7], NULL, NULL, {116, 274000}) = ? ERESTARTNOHAND (To be
restarted)
--- SIGALRM (Alarm clock) ---

Anyone seen this before? We've been able to repeat this on 2 machines, so my
next assumption is that the packages we have are dodgy in some way.
Everything works fine with the 3.0.2 packages... :(

Cheers,
Tom
--
Tom Adams