Re: Fonts are a big concern for Debian, IMHO

Il 17:21, lunedì 19 agosto 2002, Fred K Ollinger ha scritto:
> > I read today that Microsoft doesn't offer any more its ttf for free.
> > So I deinstalled the "mssttcorefonts" package.
>
> They only took it down on their site. They can't change the license,

Thanks to everybody for the fast reply.
Ah, very well. I reinstalled MS fonts.

So, next question: how to tell my system to use Arial font instead of
Helvetica, when X-clients ask for Helvetica?
I added the following line to /etc/X11/Xftconfig:

match any family == "Helvetica"		edit family = "Arial";

but it did not work...

--
Ing. Emanuele Gissi, PhD - Direttore Operativo
Agenzia per il Risparmio Energetico - SAVE Agency

"No one wakes up in the morning saying:
I want to consume 12kWh today." [HL Willis, 1996]