Re: KDE changing system time

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 12:38:59AM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:57, Bjoern Krombholz wrote:
> > I don't know what was meant by "mess"

>From "dict mess"
[...]

Of course i know the meaning. ;) What I wanted to get to know were the
symptoms. Does the clock jump to wrong times? Does it make the system
clock stop entirely?

> > but i recognized that system clock
> > 'slowed down' in some cases (about 10 min a day). On the other hand I never
> What hardware do you use?

DFI AD70-SC (VIA KT266 + 8233)
Athlon XP 1600+

> Is the machine on all the time?

Yes.

> Is the amount of
> time lost always the same?

No, it happened every now and then. I wasn't able to figure out which
processes were running in all cases. I'm using ntp now.

Bjoern