problem installing kdevelop-generated index.docbook

When I do a "make install" from the command line to install a
kdevelop-generated project, the index.docbook file gets installed in the
wrong directory.

I'm using Unstable, and have KDevelop 2.1.1 and KDE 2.2.2.

As a test case, I had KDevelop generate a skeleton "KDE Mini" project, called

As I understand it, foo's index.docbook should install to:

("kde-config --path html" gives

Once the foo project was generated, I ran "make distclean && configure
--prefix=/usr && make && make install" from the command line.  Okay, actually
I did the first commands, then su'd, then did the make install.

The project then installs index.docbook to:

I've googled and searched mailing lists and other people don't seem to be
seeing this, so I assume there must be a configuration issue on my machine.

Any ideas why this is happening?