Re: kdms default path 'wrong' (WAS: KDE 3 packaging - bug thread)

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 10:00:47AM +0200, Achim Bohnet wrote:
>> As long as there's no general debian wide solution to  'login scripts
>> not sourced'.
>>
> i created /etc/X11/Xsession.d/98ossi_envsetup containing
>
> . /etc/profile
> test $HOME/.profile && . $HOME/.profile

This is not correct because login script should not be sourced when X is
started from text mode using startx.
I believe the correct solution is something like
#!/bin/bash --login
on the top of /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession (and Xsessions of other dm's).
But it is wrong if user's shell is not bash.

By the way, if login script is used only to set some environment vars and
these vars are system-wide, /etc/environment may be used. It is loaded by
pam_env.