Re: OT: How to start an application on another desktop?

You can use "kstart --desktop 2 app_name"
kstart --help for details
If you have trouble with some non-kde apps, try using xwininfo to get the
window ID/title, then specify it with the -window option.
ie.
kstart  --window "XMMS" --desktop 2 xmms

all the best,
Robert_L