Subject: [Kde-pim] Distro's & packagers: kdepim/kpilot broken
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:36:44 +0100 (MET)
From: Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
To: kde-pim@kde.org, <kde-devel@kde.org>, <kde-core-devel@kde.org>,
<kde-freebsd@kde.org>

Due to personal reasons, development on kdepim/kpilot hasn't been very
active or structured the past few months. The month of march, preparing
for RC3 & final, was a total write-off as far as development is concerned
for kdepim/kpilot. The upshot of this is that KPilot in HEAD is in an
unreleasable state.

Now I know that KDE 3.0 is theoretically just libs & base, but packagers
and distro's have the tendency to include all the other CVS modules as
well. So I'd like to warn them that KPilot from HEAD as of today will
compile but will crash with undefined symbols on just about all of its
plugins. So *don't* package KPilot right now, leave it for 3.0.1 when I
hope I've had time to work on it again.

Since I have no idea how to reach the various packagers and distro people
(except for FreeBSD) I'm sending this to the general KDE lists and hope
someone picks it up.

[ade]