kded accessing disk

Hello. I can't seem to figure this one out --

I'm running the latest KDE debs from unstable on my laptop, and I've been
noticing this problem for the last few months. kded continually accesses the
disk about once per second, and as a result, even when I'm not "doing
anything" so to speak on my computer, my hard drive will never spin down.

If I stop the noflushd daemon, the accesses go up to about once every 3
seconds from once per second. Obviously, if I kill kded, all the symptoms
stop, but obviously I don't get the nice functionality it provides...

Thanks for any advice on this issue,

John Laur