Re: libusb

The short answer is sane is out of date and needs to be recompiled since
libusb0 no longer exists.

Chris

Here is what I emailed someone else wrt issue:

Normally a library is named something like libusb and major sover of 0
so you have libusb0. However as I just recently noticed in libusb's case
the library name appears to be libusb-0.1 with sover major of 4. I
didn't see any other libraries that were like that at the time so I used
libusb-0.1-4 as the name.

ex) /usr/lib/libasound.so.2.0.0  - package name libasound2

    /usr/lib/libusb-0.1.so.4.1.0 - so I picked name of libusb-0.1-4

I suppose I could have named it libusb-0.1.4 but if I change it now it
will be considered new again and dinstall won't put it into sid until
someone manually adds it, which in libusb-0.1-4's case took over a week.
Then everything will have to be compiled against it again. If I had
simply called it libusb4 like some other packages seem to libsigc++0 for
example, when libusb upstream decides to call the library libusb-0.2
with major sover 4 I would have a problem, since the old package and the
new package would be called the same thing.