Re: konqueror and flash plugin

<christian.schoenebeck@epost.de> wrote:

> > Hi!
> >
> > I've problems setting up the flash plugin in konqueror.
> >
> > There was no /usr/lib/netscape directory so created it and also
> > /usr/lib/netscape/plugins Then I copied these two files
> > (ShockwaveFlash.class and libflashplayer.so) into that plugin directory
> > and activated java (using /usr/bin/gij-3.0 - the gnu java interpreter).
> > After choosing 'search for new plugins' the flash plugin appeared in the
> > netscape-plugins list, but I'm still not able to display flash elements
> > with konqueror. What else do I have to do?
> >
> > Help would be greatly appreciated,
> >
> > Christian Schoenebeck
>
> Having encountered this problem many times before, I've found that for
> some strange reason you have to set libflashplayer.so +x before
> Konqueror will be able to use it to display Flash content (at least this
> was the solution on mine and several other people's system). Please
> reply with your results to the list.

    Greetings:

I noted the same question, and I really don't know where to apply the
proposed solution, but I will share what I just noted today.

I had all my pluggins noted in the konq pluggins, but shock never did work.
I just got in the habit of using the "open with" command and choose netscape
and hoped it would fly.  This time, I went to the Movie page I have bookmarked
and clicked on the first movie.  Sure enough, it failed, and printed a notice
to download shock etc.  I re-opened the settings page, and clicked the "scan
for new pluggins" button.  It didn't add anything to the list of pluggin
directories, or pluggins, but it *did* finally use shock.  Unfortunately,
they use quicktime, so I still can't see the trailer.  fork-it.

I am using woody, with no unstable kde locally.  Here I gesticulate a big
<shrug> in an omnidirectional fashion  :)

tatah
--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.