Re: What's best quick fix for broken kde metapackage?

--- Chris Cheney <ccheney@cheney.cx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 10:28:40AM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> > I'm willing to do an NMU if there really is a dpendency problem (and Chris
> > doesn't object) but is there really a problem?
> >
> > I have libglib1.3-12 installed and I was also able to install the kde
> > package without any dependency problems.  Are you sure it is not just
> > because your apt mirror is not up to date or something?
>
> This should be fixed in the dinstall today.  There will be some other
> issues that will be fixed once I upload the rest of the kde packages.
> I hope that I will not be doing quite as much repackaging on the others
> (except for kdebase).

Hi Chris,

I just did an
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install kde

on the Sid that had the error installing kde (the start of this thread), and it
still has the same unmet dependency problems.

So: I read about dinstall here
dinstall can now announce packages & close bugs for you
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/1999/debian-devel-199901/msg02650.html

Does your statement "This should be fixed in the dinstall today." explicitly
imply that that means when you (ccheney) do the dinstall that the packages
relevant to the fix get uploaded to the debian package pool, and thus become
available to Sid systems after they run apt-get update?  Or, does your
statement merely mean that the fix is installed in your own development system,
and that for it to be available to the rest of us it still must be uploaded by
you in a next step?

So: did you do the dinstall?
Is the fix now in the Sid package pool (and hence should have been available to
my system when I did apt-get update)?
If so - any idea why my Sid is still having this problem?
If not - when (in # of days) do you think Sid systems will be able to install
metapackage "kde"?

TIA.